Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Define MySQL data source in a SQL Server Analysis Service Project

I want to use MySQL database as a data source fo an Analysis Service Project.

But there is no Provider that support MySQL Databases.

If anybody have any experiance about this, Please help me.

Thanks

Hi,

I know there are some providers out there, but I don't have any experience using them, but I do know they exist. Here is one that I found doing a quick search.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/myoledb/

David

|||

Loading data from MySQL database is not officially supported by Analysis Services.

Edward Melomed.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

|||

Just because its not supported, doesn't mean it can't be done.

They only problem you may face in trying this provider is that it may not support all of the properties that Analysis Services requires to be implemented. But its worth a shot.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment