Friday, March 9, 2012

Defining Alerts

Dear All,
Recently all our production databases were marked
as 'Suspect', anyway after a bit of work it was repaired.
However the only reason we found this out was the users
couldn't get in.
What I would like to do is define some alerts such
as 'database Production is not working', or replication is
no longer working.
I know where to do this, what I cannot find is background
information on what alert to raise (I have tried BOL on
Microsoft). Can anyone provide me background info, for
instance does alert 025 mean any error to a database which
stops it working ?
Thanks
JHi
Alert 025 is reased when a Error, with severity level 25 occurs.
You must check for error levels 20 and higher, those are very critcal.
The DB suspect error is Error 926, Severity Level 14
Regards
Mike
"Julie" wrote:
> Dear All,
> Recently all our production databases were marked
> as 'Suspect', anyway after a bit of work it was repaired.
> However the only reason we found this out was the users
> couldn't get in.
> What I would like to do is define some alerts such
> as 'database Production is not working', or replication is
> no longer working.
> I know where to do this, what I cannot find is background
> information on what alert to raise (I have tried BOL on
> Microsoft). Can anyone provide me background info, for
> instance does alert 025 mean any error to a database which
> stops it working ?
> Thanks
> J
>|||Thanks Mike,
Is there any background information I can read up on ?
J
>--Original Message--
>Hi
>Alert 025 is reased when a Error, with severity level 25
occurs.
>You must check for error levels 20 and higher, those are
very critcal.
>The DB suspect error is Error 926, Severity Level 14
>Regards
>Mike
>"Julie" wrote:
>> Dear All,
>> Recently all our production databases were marked
>> as 'Suspect', anyway after a bit of work it was
repaired.
>> However the only reason we found this out was the users
>> couldn't get in.
>> What I would like to do is define some alerts such
>> as 'database Production is not working', or replication
is
>> no longer working.
>> I know where to do this, what I cannot find is
background
>> information on what alert to raise (I have tried BOL on
>> Microsoft). Can anyone provide me background info, for
>> instance does alert 025 mean any error to a database
which
>> stops it working ?
>> Thanks
>> J
>.
>|||Hi
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/architec/8_ar_cs_6x0l.asp
There is not much other infromation out there apart from what is in BOL.
Regards
Mike
"Julie" wrote:
> Thanks Mike,
> Is there any background information I can read up on ?
> J
>
> >--Original Message--
> >Hi
> >
> >Alert 025 is reased when a Error, with severity level 25
> occurs.
> >
> >You must check for error levels 20 and higher, those are
> very critcal.
> >
> >The DB suspect error is Error 926, Severity Level 14
> >
> >Regards
> >Mike
> >
> >"Julie" wrote:
> >
> >> Dear All,
> >> Recently all our production databases were marked
> >> as 'Suspect', anyway after a bit of work it was
> repaired.
> >> However the only reason we found this out was the users
> >> couldn't get in.
> >>
> >> What I would like to do is define some alerts such
> >> as 'database Production is not working', or replication
> is
> >> no longer working.
> >>
> >> I know where to do this, what I cannot find is
> background
> >> information on what alert to raise (I have tried BOL on
> >> Microsoft). Can anyone provide me background info, for
> >> instance does alert 025 mean any error to a database
> which
> >> stops it working ?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> J
> >>
> >.
> >
>|||Thanks Mike
>--Original Message--
>Hi
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?
url=/library/en-us/architec/8_ar_cs_6x0l.asp
>There is not much other infromation out there apart from
what is in BOL.
>Regards
>Mike
>"Julie" wrote:
>> Thanks Mike,
>> Is there any background information I can read up on ?
>> J
>>
>> >--Original Message--
>> >Hi
>> >
>> >Alert 025 is reased when a Error, with severity level
25
>> occurs.
>> >
>> >You must check for error levels 20 and higher, those
are
>> very critcal.
>> >
>> >The DB suspect error is Error 926, Severity Level 14
>> >
>> >Regards
>> >Mike
>> >
>> >"Julie" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Dear All,
>> >> Recently all our production databases were marked
>> >> as 'Suspect', anyway after a bit of work it was
>> repaired.
>> >> However the only reason we found this out was the
users
>> >> couldn't get in.
>> >>
>> >> What I would like to do is define some alerts such
>> >> as 'database Production is not working', or
replication
>> is
>> >> no longer working.
>> >>
>> >> I know where to do this, what I cannot find is
>> background
>> >> information on what alert to raise (I have tried BOL
on
>> >> Microsoft). Can anyone provide me background info,
for
>> >> instance does alert 025 mean any error to a database
>> which
>> >> stops it working ?
>> >>
>> >> Thanks
>> >> J
>> >>
>> >.
>> >
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment