Friday, March 9, 2012

Defining sort order using parameter fields.

Hi!

This is my first post at this forum.

I have a parameterfield wich the users can use to enter sortorder to the report. I have then created a formula with this code in it.

if {?sortid} = "1" then ({DMD_VIEW_ERRAND.er_control_date} AND {DMD_VIEW_ERRAND.er_id})
else
if {?sortid} = "2" then ({DMD_VIEW_ERRAND.er_activity_desc} AND {DMD_ERRAND.ER_HANDLERDATA} AND {DMD_VIEW_ERRAND.er_id})


This formula is then added into the record sorting expert.

The problem is there is an error in the formula. I want to order by multiple columns. Is it possible?
If it is, what's wrong with my code?

I'm using crystal XI
Best regards
HeleniusI've solved it.

Here's the code

if {?sortid} = "1" then (CStr({DMD_VIEW_ERRAND.er_control_date_fmt}) + "AND" + {DMD_VIEW_ERRAND.er_id})
else
if {?sortid} = "2" then ({DMD_VIEW_ERRAND.er_activity_desc} + "AND" + {DMD_ERRAND.ER_HANDLERDATA} + "AND" + CStr({DMD_VIEW_ERRAND.er_control_date_fmt}) + "AND" + {DMD_VIEW_ERRAND.er_id})

I had a little convertion problem...

/Helenius|||Noooo, it doesn't seem to be solved after all. The report only sort based by the first column. Any suggestions??

No comments:

Post a Comment