Friday, February 24, 2012

Default Values does not include all the values (Cascading Parameters)

A have a multi-valued parameter (B) which is dependent on a single-valued parameter (A) on my report. When a value is selected in A, I want all matching values in B to be selected by default and the "Select All" option checked. To do this I have set the Default Values section in B to point to the same dataset as the "Available Values" section. Both A and B have default values so the report runs automatically.

One of the values in parameter A (say Value1) yields more values in parameter B than the other (say Value2).

If I run the report the first time with Value1 selected as the default for parameter A, all values in B are checked correctly. If I run the report with Value2 selected the first time and then change the selected value to Value2 and run my report, all values in B are displayed but only the values that were previously checked (when Value1 was selected), are now checked, leaving the "Select All" unchecked.

What am I doing wrong? Why are all the values in B not checked? The dataset is the same in "Available Values" section and "Default Values" section.

Anyone?|||

I am having the same issue and am unable to fix. My parent parameter is also a multi select. The only way the child values that are selected by default change is when the parent parameter used before the changed is no longer selected. I still haven't discovered a solution.

|||

I am running RS2005, SP2. I have the same problem with slightly different scenario. I have two multi-value parameters, parameter B depends on parameter A. A contains value x, y z. When value x is selected in parameter A, parameter B is refreshed with a matching list where all values selected. However, when I add y to the selection for parameter A, parameter B refreshed with a matching list for both x and y, but only those values associated with x are selected.

Is this a bug? If not how can I do to fix the problem?

Thanks.

SouBee

|||I now have a scenario same as SouBee's with the same result. Can someone tell me if there is a way to fix this?|||

I just found out that this was reported in January 07 and supposedly fixed in SP2. I am running SQL Server 2005 Standard edition SP2. I still have this issue. Was this fixed in Enterprise edition only? When will this be fixed in standard edition?

http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=249637

|||I have enterprise and developer. Same issues. Doens't seem like it fixed it.|||https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=268032|||Perhaps you can send them that feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment