Saturday, February 25, 2012

Default Values not Selected on Report Manager

I have a report with quite a few parameters, both multivalue and single, all populated from a query. In the Report Designer I have set up default values and everything works great. When I deploy these reports the default values are not being set. Am I missing a step?It's a SQL report or an MDX report?

In the report manager when you choose the parameters and execute the report. It's rendered fine?|||

The server has behavior that it keeps the old parameter defaults that are set, even after republishing. Try deleting the report and republishing.

|||I have not seen the Report Server maintain default parameter values when a report is redeployed. After redeploying the report I have to manually reset the defaults (Properties tab --> Parameters page --> Override Default button).

If there is some property of the server that would persist the defaults between deployments, I'd love to learn about it. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment