Sunday, February 19, 2012

default value for todays date and time

I have a column 'date and time', of type datetime.
I'm using MS VB Express - and am trying to enter a default value for
the column of today's date and time.
I cant find anything to enter in the 'default' property of the column
that will return todays date and time.
please help.
gary.
try either the function getdate() or CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
<garyusenet@.myway.com> wrote in message
news:1130144997.367325.64910@.f14g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...
>I have a column 'date and time', of type datetime.
>
> I'm using MS VB Express - and am trying to enter a default value for
> the column of today's date and time.
>
> I cant find anything to enter in the 'default' property of the column
> that will return todays date and time.
>
> please help.
>
> gary.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment