Sunday, February 19, 2012

Default value for multi select parameter

Hi

I am generating this report which has ten parameters. All parameters are multi value parameter.

Now is there any way to set all parameters to "Select All" by default? What I mean is that user dont have to go each an every parameter and click 'Select All' option to view report.

Regards

If you are using a query to select the possible values you can use the same query to do a select all. Otherwise, I believe you can specify the value a an array ['value1'],['value2'],...|||

Hi Lonnie

Thanks for your reply.

I am using a dataset to select the possible values for parameter.

When you use the same dataset for default value it does not select anything.

Amit

|||Are you using RS2005 or RS2000? I know that for RS2005 that works. For RS2000 you have to create an 'All' option, then do some coding in the SQL to get it to work.|||I am using RS2005 sp1 hotfix applied (which put back in the <Select All> option that sp1 took out ). I am using queries for my parameter lists. I do not see a way to pick a default of the <Select All> option that RS adds into the list. Under default you specify the dataset and the value field (which is a drop down of the field names - not values).

No comments:

Post a Comment