Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Delete and import data in a table in replication environment

Dear All,
I have made a replication between Server A and B. It work well
One date, the customer need to renew all data in one table. So I run a
script to delete the data then try to import such data from another outside
server. I used Sql server enterprise tool to import data,I make it
successful. But after runed the replication. I found the data have been
deleted in the table in Server B. The customer complain me that they can not
retrieve data from Server B. It make me sad.
So I just want to ask whethe the Sql server enterprise tool import
function can not triger to replication?
Regards
Jackson Chan
You don't mention the replication type, but my guess is that it is merge. If
so, if you bulk insert the rows and choose the defaults, then FIRE_TRIGGERS
is false and consequently the rows are not added to MSmerge_contents. In
this case, you need to run sp_addtabletocontents to include the rows then
resynchronise.
Rgds,
Paul Ibison SQL Server MVP, www.replicationanswers.com
(recommended sql server 2000 replication book:
http://www.nwsu.com/0974973602p.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment