Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Delete Data from a Column

Can someone help with the following
I would like to delete all the data from a column so I can then update it
with new data.
Thankshow do you mean delete from a column? set it to null? In which case you
want UPDATE tblA SET colA = null.
You can only really delete a row, not a column, that's just updating a
value.|||looks painfully simple.. but still... :)
update table1 set column1 = null
--
"Chris" wrote:

> Can someone help with the following
> I would like to delete all the data from a column so I can then update it
> with new data.
> Thanks|||Thanks Guys
I am really new to SQL (Tax Accountant Not A Programer)
"Omnibuzz" wrote:
> looks painfully simple.. but still... :)
> update table1 set column1 = null
> --
>
>
> "Chris" wrote:
>|||no problem.. have a great day.
--
"Chris" wrote:
> Thanks Guys
> I am really new to SQL (Tax Accountant Not A Programer)
> "Omnibuzz" wrote:
>

No comments:

Post a Comment