Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Delete Column Problems

I created a report with say 5 columns, then decide I only want 4 of them.
My approach was:
1) go to data area and remove from query
2) go to Layout Tab and remove from display
But when I preview it - I get error - it still seems to always be looking
for the column I deleted - what can I do?make sure there are no referneces to that column or field thru any filters
or the where statement in the data area.
"Joe" <hortoristic@.gmail dot com> wrote in message
news:eAINil6yGHA.4648@.TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>I created a report with say 5 columns, then decide I only want 4 of them.
> My approach was:
> 1) go to data area and remove from query
> 2) go to Layout Tab and remove from display
> But when I preview it - I get error - it still seems to always be looking
> for the column I deleted - what can I do?
>|||Go to DataSet,Go to Fields,remove the unwanted column.it should work
fine now
Regards
Raj Deep.A
Ben Watts wrote:
> make sure there are no referneces to that column or field thru any filters
> or the where statement in the data area.
> "Joe" <hortoristic@.gmail dot com> wrote in message
> news:eAINil6yGHA.4648@.TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> >I created a report with say 5 columns, then decide I only want 4 of them.
> >
> > My approach was:
> > 1) go to data area and remove from query
> > 2) go to Layout Tab and remove from display
> >
> > But when I preview it - I get error - it still seems to always be looking
> > for the column I deleted - what can I do?
> >sql

No comments:

Post a Comment