Thursday, March 29, 2012

Delete Database

A database disappeared from one of our qa servers last night yet when we looked at the logs no record of the drop datbase command was to be found like wise no record of create database.
Can any one tell me where we can look in sqlserver or on the windows 2000 server fro a record of these eventsYikes! I'd never really looked at my SQL Error log files when I dropped a database, but it appears that there is no entry for this event in there. I dunno where to tell you to go from here...

I would suggest that you audit your security settings, remove anyone from the sysadmin group that doesn't absolutely positively have to be there and for sure set up to audit failed logins.

Regards,

hmscott|||Might try the event logs on the server. At least you'll have an idea who was doing what and when.|||Thanks for the advice fortunately it was a dev server so no real damange and we could restore it.
Lokks like there may be a case to go to microsoft and see if it could be added .

No comments:

Post a Comment