Thursday, March 29, 2012

Delete data in publisher database

I have set up a transactional replication to replicate data from database A to B. As the data in database A is just a temporary db, I need to clean up periodically. I have already replaced the delete command in the stored procedure so that delete action will not triggered in subscriber database when I use delete command in publisher database.

However, using delete command in publisher db will generate a huge txn log that make my drive out of disk space. I can't use 'truncate table' function as the table is participated in replication.

Anyone has a good idea how to clean up the publisher database?

thanks,
PWell...the only option I can think of will be to backup/truncate the log whenever you do batch-deletes.

BACKUP LOG MyNwind
WITH TRUNCATE_ONLY

Be aware though that when doing this the log not be recoverable! Hope this works for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment